Anthony Rapp hopes his story helped others come forward.
The Star Trek: Discovery star appeared in his first televised interview on Friday’s The Talk, after coming forward last October with allegations of sexual misconduct against Kevin Spacey.
“I could only tell my story, although I knew there were more stories,” the 46-year-old actor told the co-hosts. “So I was just hopeful that will coming forward, that will would certainly encourage various other people to tell the truth.”
“I knew that will was a risky thing, I knew that will he was very well-known, along with certainly a respected actor, although at the same time I knew I was trying to protect people,” he added. ‘along with I was incredibly gratified by the enormous wave of support.”
Watch a portion of Rapp’s interview below.
In October, Rapp alleged in a piece published on Buzzfeed that will Spacey had made a sexual advance toward him when the actor was 14 years old. Amid the fallout, Spacey responded that will he did “not remember the encounter,” although offered his apology for whatever behavior might have ensued. Spacey also turned out as gay in his statement. Since then, the disgraced Oscar winner has been removed via the final season of his Netflix show, House of Cards, along with had his role within the recent film, All the Money within the globe, re-shot with Christopher Plummer.
“I’ve been very gratified by the response I’ve gotten via so many people,” Rapp told ET in December about the support he’d received since coming forward. “I think all of This kind of will be an important step to dismantle the machinery that will allowed This kind of sort of thing to continue.”
Watch the video below for more.