Two months after Arie Luyendyk Jr. dumped her for his runner-up, Becca Kufrin couldn’t be more ready to be the Bachelorette.
Fans watched Luyendyk along with Kufrin’s brutal breakup play out on the season finale of The Bachelor last week, yet a source tells ET which Kufrin was done mourning her engagement in January — along with Bachelor producers were integral in helping her get over the split.
“Becca cried for a solid week after Arie dumped her, along with which was definitely therapeutic,” the source says. “Some of the fans criticized how upset she was portrayed on TV, yet having producers with her as she got over the item all definitely helped. They knew the story, along with she couldn’t talk to anyone else about the item at the time. They cried with her, along with she was used to being filmed at which point, so the item felt normal.”
“Ultimately Arie was the one who had chosen to make the item so public,” the source adds.
According to ET’s source, while producers can’t speak much about Luyendyk’s shocking decision, there was “an overall feeling of ‘ugh’ about everything Arie did, because they do want real love to be found. They want positive relationships.” along with while Kufrin’s relationship with Luyendyk ended in a blindside, producers quickly knew they wanted to give her a second shot at finding love.
“Discussions for her to be Bachelorette started out about a week after she had which week of mourning the relationship,” the source reveals. “Producers want to help her take a negative experience along with turn the item into something positive. They felt awful about what had happened to her.”
“Becca had This kind of realization which, look, if Arie was going to treat her like which, then he wasn’t the guy for her,” the source shares. “She wants to move on coming from the item along with she’s ready. She takes everything as a learning experience.”
The 27-year-old publicist was revealed as the Bachelorette on last week’s The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, where she already met her first a few suitors. The show starts filming with limo exits on Thursday. “She’s today been kind of sequestered as Bachelorette, along with which’s helped her get focused,” ET’s source says. “She’s feeling so not bad about what’s next.”
Another source told ET on Thursday which fans can expect Kufrin to have her “guard up a bit” as filming begins, yet which she’s remaining “positive” about the experience. “She’s not one of those people who went on the show for Instagram followers,” the source said. “She’s got a killer job, she’s a not bad person along with she definitely wants to find somebody.”
Kufrin’s season of The Bachelorette premieres May 28 on ABC. See more inside video below.
Reporting by Lauren Zima.