(HealthDay News) — Genetic testing, an help identify potential risks for future health problems.
The U.S. National Institutes of Health suggests points to consider when evaluating whether genetic testing will be right for you.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The agency says genetic testing can:
- Reduce uncertainty about your future health.
- Give you a feeling of empowerment.
- Help patients as well as doctors make better-informed decisions.
- Be costly.
- Trigger feelings of guilt, anger, anxiousness as well as depression.
- Lead to a fear of discrimination based on the results.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet’s General Health Newsletter