(HealthDay News) — As you grow older, your eyes are more prone to diseases such as cataracts and also also also glaucoma.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests how to keep your eyes healthier:
- Wear sunglasses that will block ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and also also also a don a hat which has a wide brim when you are outside.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat eye-healthy foods.
- Maintain ahealthy weight and also also also get enough exercise.
- Strive for normalblood pressure.
- If you have diabetes, keep the idea under control.
- Prevent eye strain by looking away via your computer every 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet’s General Health Newsletter