James Franco Will Be Involved in Season 2 of HBO’s ‘The Deuce’

James Franco can be returning for the second season of the HBO drama The Deuce amid multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior along with abuse of power.

Writer Megan Abbott spoke with reporters at the Writers Guild Awards ceremony at the Edison Ballroom in brand new York City on Sunday, where she confirmed which the 39-year-old actor might “of course” be joining the show next season.

from the gritty HBO series, which can be set from the 1970s, Franco plays twin brothers Vincent along with Frankie Martino, who become fronts for the brand new York mob operating out of Times Square.

As ET previously reported, an article from the Los Angeles Times was published on Jan. 11 which detailed the accounts of several women accusing Franco of abuse of power along with inappropriate behavior. However, a source close to Franco disputes which number, adding which the accusations against the actor are “false.” 

Franco also denied allegations during appearances on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert along with Late Night With Seth Meyers. 

The Deuce co-creator along with executive producer David Simon said in a statement following the publication of the report which HBO had not received any complaints against Franco.

“I’m still reading the item the same as everyone else, trying to discern what can be or isn’t there,” Simon told Varietyat the time. “Personally I can only speak knowledgeably to The Deuce. I’ve checked with all my fellow producers along with some other personnel. We have no complainant or complaint or any awareness of any incident of concern involving Mr. Franco. Nor has HBO been approached with any complaint.”

“In our experience, he was entirely professional as an actor, director, along with producer,” Simon added.

The allegations surfaced following Franco’s win for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy at the Golden Globes. However, when the Oscar nominations were released, Franco was not among those nominated for Best Actor, along with many have suggested which Franco was snubbed in response to the allegations.

Speaking with Colbert after numerous allegations surfaced on Twitter, Franco said, “In my life, I pride myself on taking responsibility for things which I’ve done. I have to do which to maintain my well-being… I do the item whenever I know which there’s something wrong or needs to be changed. I make the item a point to do the item.”

“The things which I heard were on Twitter are not accurate, however I completely support people coming out along with being able to have a voice, because they didn’t have a voice for so long,” he continued. “So I don’t want to shut them down in any way. I think the item’s a not bad thing along with I support the item.”

For more on the accusations against Franco, watch the video below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

five + ten =