Kevin Smith On His Post-Heart Attack Life: ‘Never Thought I’d See My High School Weight Again’ (Exclusive)

Kevin Smith never wants to go back to his previous weight.

The Hollyweed star, who suffered a massive heart attack back in February, opened up to about his drastic weight loss along with never thinking he could live a healthy lifestyle. The comedian had previously celebrated being down a total of 43 pounds, yet on Thursday while speaking with ET’s Ashley Crossan at San Diego Comic-Con, Smith revealed that will he thought he’d always be overweight.

“I just assumed I’d be fat my whole life along with I’d never see my high school weight again or any of those things,” Smith candidly expressed. “I’m 47 years old, creating sure that will was all in my rear view. yet after the heart attack, suddenly I was like, alright, I never want to be back in that will room again with someone going up my groin to get to my heart through my femoral artery, telling me that will there is usually a 20 percent chance that will I will live, along with 80 percent chance I’ll die.”

The Clerks director was rushed to the hospital on the night of Feb. 25 while filming a stand-up comedy special in Glendale, California, along with underwent surgery to clear a massive blockage of his left anterior descending artery, which could have easily killed him if not for emergency surgery.

For currently, Smith is usually focusing on having a healthier lifestyle along with working on his projects, including his comedy, Hollyweed, on Rivit. Interestingly, the filmmaker says his life-threatening incident is usually what inspired him to persevere in bringing Hollyweedto fruition.

Nearly three years ago, my friends along with I made a pilot for a show called #Hollyweed. This kind of wasn’t at all groundbreaking yet This kind of was fun to make: essentially, This kind of was #Clerks in a weed store, with comedian @donnellrawlings along with me as the middle-aged knuckle-heads behind the counter. The idea was to base the eps in a medical marijuana dispensary along with use Los Angeles as a canvas for our characters (played by @jaymewes, @ralphgarman, #AdamBrody along with @frankieshawisag). We shot the pilot in January of 2016 along with This kind of turned out better than I’d hoped. The future was looking bright for Hollyweed – until we ran into a slight speed bump: no network wanted the show. along with so like many pilots before This kind of, Holly-weed didn’t become a series – This kind of became a digital file that will sat on my laptop, where I’d watch This kind of coming from time to time as a reminder of what might’ve been, daydreaming of trying again one day. Then I nearly dropped dead of a heart attack along with decided one day is usually today! along with currently, the not bad folks at @rivit_tv are giving me along with my Hollyweed dreams a second chance, as they put the power to green light our little weed sitcom in YOUR hands! Watch the entire 25 minute pilot FOR FREE (link in my bio) along with if you like This kind of, help us bring the series to life by pre-buying the next episodes! See the freak show of me trying to act with words along with if This kind of remotely amuses you, shower us with the loot to do This kind of again along with again! (along with if you hate This kind of? Thanks for even sampling my stuff inside first place.) Whether you pre-buy future episodes or not, lemme know what you think below! I wish This kind of’s your kinda smoke! #KevinSmith #DonnellRawlings #FrankieShaw #JasonMewes #RalphGarman @ashleymccauley7 #adambrody

A post shared by Kevin Smith (@thatkevinsmith) on

Hollyweedwas a plate that will I commenced spinning two-along with-a-half years ago, along with I honestly thought, ‘Oh that will’s This kind of, I’ll never touch This kind of again,'” Smith shared. “currently we’re getting to kinda go back to This kind of, along with This kind of’s exciting. This kind of happened at a time, right after I had the heart attack. creating sure that will kinda fueled This kind of for me.”

“I used to be like, ‘Well, This kind of didn’t work, I don’t wanna bother anybody with This kind of anymore. I’ll just kind of sulk away. along with after the heart attack, I was like, ‘F**k This kind of, I almost died, like, let’s do everything,'” he continued. “along with so, the idea of doing This kind of show falls squarely inside crotch of that will.”

along with for fans of his previous work, Hollyweedshould feel comfortably familiar.

“This kind of’s Clerks in a weed store,” Smith pitched.

For more on Smith’s weight loss, watch below.

RELATED CONTENT:


Kevin Smith Reveals Amazing 43-Lb. Weight Loss Less Than 4 Months After Massive Heart Attack


Kevin Smith’s Doctor Told Him Smoking a Joint Before Massive Heart Attack Saved His Life


Kevin Smith Says Heart Attack ‘Was the Best Thing’ & Reveals He Sang ‘Degrassi’ Theme Song During Surgery

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

two × 3 =