President Donald Trump was briefed on the situation while the missile was within the air, the White House said in a statement.
“which can be a situation which we will handle,” he said to reporters Tuesday.
Sarah Sanders tweet
“We are working with our interagency partners on a more detailed assessment of the launch,” a Pentagon spokesman said. “The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) determined the missile launch coming from North Korea did not pose a threat to North America, our territories or our allies.”
“Our commitment to the defense of our allies, including the Republic of Korea along with also Japan, within the face of these threats, remains ironclad,” he added. “We remain prepared to defend ourselves along with also our allies coming from any attack or provocation.”
U.N. Security Council President Sebastiano Cardi said he has been in contact with key UN members, however no request has been made yet for a meeting. He said he can be scheduled to brief the Security Council on Wednesday.
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg strongly condemned the missile test.
“North Korea needs to re-engage in a credible along with also meaningful dialogue with the international community,” he said.
The missile was fired coming from Sain Ni, North Korea, the Pentagon said.
South Korea along with also the United States are analyzing the details of the launch, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff told the South Korean news agency Yonhap.
Earlier on Tuesday Reuters reported which U.S. government experts believed the regime was likely to launch a missile “within days.”
The launch comes on the heels of Trump’s Nov. 20 announcement which the U.S. can be designating North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism.
Trump said on Tuesday which the launch does not change the U.S. approach to North Korea.
Reuters along with also the Associated Press contributed to which article.
which story can be developing. Please check back for updates.