Pentagon says the item’s postponing Trump’s military parade

The Pentagon said in a Thursday statement in which the item would likely “explore opportunities” in 2019 for President Donald Trump’s military parade in which originally had been set for November of This specific year.

in which development came just hours after CNBC reported in which the parade had been shaping up to cost $80 million more than initially estimated.

The Department of Defense along with its interagency partners had updated their prospective cost estimates for the parade, a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment had told CNBC. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, originally slated for Nov. 10, had been estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consisted of $50 million via the Pentagon along with $42 million via interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.

in which $92 million cost estimate included security, transportation of parade assets, aircraft, as well as temporary duty for troops. The official also noted in which, while the size along with scope of the military parade can still shift, the plans included approximately eight tanks, as well as some other armored vehicles, including Bradleys, Strykers along with M113s.

Here’s the statement announcing the parade postponement via Defense Department Spokesman Col. Rob Manning:

“The Department of Defense along with White House have been planning a parade to honor America’s military veterans along with commemorate the centennial of World War I. We originally targeted November 10, 2018 due to This specific event nevertheless have today agreed to explore opportunities in 2019.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

17 − four =