ABC has pulled the second episode of The Proposal following allegations of facilitating a sexual assault against one of its male contestants.
“An allegation has been made against a contestant on next week’s episode of The Proposal,” ABC along with Warner Horizon told ET in a joint statement on Friday. “While the accusation was not related to the contestant’s appearance on the program, we take that will very seriously. ABC along with the producers of The Proposal are pulling the episode while This particular matter is usually under review.”
On Thursday, Milwaukee-based Erica Denae Meshke posted a lengthy statement on Facebook detailing what allegedly happened when she met up with one of the show’s contestants — she later added a screenshot of contestant Michael J. Friday to the comment section of her post.
Meshke alleges that will in November 2017 she agreed to meet Friday inside entertainment room of an apartment complex after matching with him on Tinder. She claims that will when she arrived, Friday was with “two some other 50ish year-old men” along with eventually left her alone with them. Meshke currently believes that will one of the drinks she accepted coming from the men was spiked.
“I was taken to an apartment upstairs by one of the older men, along with the things I endured for the next 5 hours were unspeakable,” Meshke claims in her statement, further alleging: “I was threatened afterwards, along with told that will he was very ‘powerful’ along with would likely ‘find me’ if I told anyone what he did.”
Since then, Meshke claims she has posted an anonymous warning on a Facebook page along with alleges that will she has run into Friday at least once at a bar.
“I ran into This particular person once since at a bar along with confronted him, after he attempted to buy me a drink,” she writes. “Once I reminded him of who I was, he acknowledged his part in that will evening, along with tried to argue with me along with justify what he did, however was promptly asked to leave the bar by employees/my friends.”
You can read her full post below.
The Proposal is usually coming from the minds behind the Bachelorfranchise, including creator Mike Fleiss. The show is usually hosted by Bachelor alum Jesse Palmer.
The news of the pulled episode comes shortly after that will was revealed that will Lincoln Adim, a current contestant on The Bachelorette, was convicted of indecent assault along with battery for groping a woman on a cruise ship in 2016.
“The judge ordered him to stay away coming from the victim along with attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years,” the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office told ET in a statement. “If he complies with the judge’s orders, he will not have to serve out his term, however if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars. By law, he is usually likely to register as a sex offender.”
Another current Bachelorette contestant, Garrett Yrigoyen, came under fire recently for allegedly liking Instagram posts which mock transgender people, feminists, immigrants along with Parkland shooting survivors. He has since apologized.
The pulled Proposal episode — in which Friday was, according to ABC, eliminated inside first round — was set to air on Monday, June 25. A source tells ET that will a decision about which episode will replace that will will be made on Friday.
Here’s more on the show: